Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions are your guide while using OhMelody.com (the “Website”). Please read the terms in full before you use OhMelody.com, and if you do not accept these terms, please do not use this Website. Using this Website implies that you accept these terms. I occasionally update these terms so please refer back to them in the future.
1. Site Access
- 1.1 You will be able to access the majority of this Website without having to register any details with the site. Customers of the Website’s Shop can create customer accounts, but doing so is not mandatory, and you are free to checkout as a guest, without having to register any details.
2. Use of Website
- 2.1 You are permitted to use this Website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without my consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without my permission.
- 2.2 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by me, Melody Grace Cave, unless otherwise credited, and must not be reproduced without my prior consent.
- 2.3 Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced without my prior written permission.
3. Site Uptime
- 3.1 I take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and other technical issues. Therefore, I will not be liable if this Website is unavailable at any time.
- 3.2 This Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond my control. Where possible I will try to give my visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
4. Visitor Conduct
- 4.2 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material:
- (a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
- (b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United States;
- (c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
- 4.3 [I will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 4.2.]
5. Links To & From Other Websites
- 5.1 Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. I have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. I do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this Website, it is at your own risk.
- 5.2 If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- (a) you do not in any way imply that I am endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed between us;
- (b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with me or present any false information about me;
- (c) your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United States.
- 5.3 If you choose to link to my website in breach of Paragraph 5.2 you shall fully indemnify me for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
6. Exclusion of Liability
- 6.1 Neither I nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liable or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of my website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this Website.
- 6.2 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the law of the United States.
1. What information does this Website collect?
OhMelody.com collects information from you when you comment on the blog or rate items in the shop, when ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate.. You may, however, visit this site anonymously.
2. What does this Website use your information for?
Any of the information collected from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps the site better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve the website (I continually strive to improve my website offerings based on the information and feedback I receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps me to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- To ship items purchased in the shop
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
3. Do I disclose any information to outside parties?
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release your information when I believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce my site policies, or protect mine or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
4. Third party links
Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third party products or services on my website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
5. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
I am in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), and do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
7. Your Consent
There is a variety of content on OhMelody.com, from copyrighted artwork and illustrations in the Portfolio, items for sale in the shop, and the opinions and thoughts of Melody Grace Cave on all pages and blog posts. The content on OhMelody.com is checked for facts, spelling and grammar. I do my best to provide quality ideas and information, however, I do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on OhMelody.com. I may make changes to the material on this Website at any time and without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and I make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up to date (although I will try!). I welcome feedback regarding any of the content on my site. This helps me do my job better. If you find some of the facts or the content to be incorrect, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org